We currently have two separate projects, but both related to access to justice, on which HMCTS has asked the DLA for its input. Therefore, we would like your help.
The first project asks for feedback regarding the progress so far on the new digital system being rolled out over the whole of HMCTS. For those of you with experience of applying to, corresponding with or representing in ETs, it is hoped that the process will make the employment tribunal service a more “simple, fair and accessible for all users” including the release of a new ET1 application form for litigants in person (LiP).
By reading the pre-reading material and watching the five videos* attached, please provide any comments to HMCTS Public Engagement team ([email protected]) based on the following points:
- If you have used the new portal, what did you think of its functionality?
- What do you think your service users will find helpful?
- What support might your service users need to use the portal?
- Are there any changes that you think would benefit users?
- Is there anything else that you would like HMCTS to take into consideration?
Click on the links below to view the videos and read the pre-reading material:
- 1 starting a claim ET
- 2 completing a claim ET
- 3 ET email notification
- 4 case overview ET
- 5 ET Email notification
*NB: please note that the videos currently have no sound but voice-over will be added on release to the public.
The second is a research project aimed at finding out more about the process of accessing tribunals, using the information collected to design a better experience for people who may use the services in future.
They are looking to interview five people who have used tribunals over the past 12 months, who needed extra support in the following areas:
- Ethnic minority / global majority
- Neurodiversity (ADHD, dyslexia, autism, dyscalculia etc)
- Mental health (such as anxiety or depression) including those without a diagnosis
- Issues with reading and / or writing
If this applies to you and you would like to put yourself forward to be a possible interviewee, please contact our Administrator - email address: [email protected] who will provide more details of the process.
Candidates can bring someone with them to the interview. Interviews can be in person or remote, however, as the organisers would like a good demographic of users, they are willing to travel to the candidates.